Re: fatal:ContourPlotPreDraw

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 14:47:20 -0700

John,

I'm excited, because this is actually something that can be answered by
our FAQ. Please see:

    http://www.pyngl.ucar.edu/nglfaq.html#WorkspaceReallocation

If you don't want to visit the FAQ, I'll include the full answer below:

...You need to bump up your workspace size. First, you need to retrieve
the default workspace,
and then you can set the "wsMaximumSize" resource. To do this, add the
following code right
after you create a workstation:

ws_id = Ngl.get_workspace_id()
rlist = Ngl.Resources()
rlist.wsMaximumSize = 33554432
Ngl.set_values(ws_id,rlist)

  You can permanently bump up the workspace size by setting
wsMaximumSize in your ~/.hluresfile:
*wsMaximumSize : 33554432

  If you are drawing a contour plot, you might also (instead) try
switching to raster contouring
by setting the resource cnRasterModeOn to True.

Cheers,

--Mary