Multiple xy curves with different number of data points

From: R. T. Pierrehumbert <rtp1_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 14:42:09 -0600

Here's a problem:

I want to make an xy graph of two temperature soundings, on a common
set of axes. The problem is that the first sounding has 100
temperature
and pressure points, but the second has only 20 (less data resolution).
The axes and ranges are the same for both, though.

As far as I can tell, the multiple-curve provisions for Ngl.xy require
all the curves on a plot to have the same number of datapoints.
So how can I get multiple curves on a plot, if they have different
numbers of datapoints? Is there a standard way of doing this?
Doing it using missing data codes would be a real mess.

--Ray