Closing a workstation?

From: James Boyle <boyle5_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 11:54:21 -0800

Is there any way to close a work station?

Say that I want to write a python function that contours a field. I
want to call this function many times with different data /and or
options.

However, if I repeatedly call the function eventually I get:

In [95]:
contourPressureLon.contourPressureLon(zgMeanAnomObsW,levelsObs,,lonsObsW
,(-300.,420.,60.),title=title)
fatal:WorkstationInitialize: Limit reached for number of simultaneous
GKS Workstations
fatal:Unable to initialize layer-Can't Create
.
.
.
This ends with a rather rude bus error - In the best of all worlds this
should never happen. It happens often enough with wrapped code and the
error dying in the C code and not making it back to be trapped properly
with a python exception.
Was the wrapping of the HLU done with SWIG?

So, Can you close a workstation? At the end of the function above I do
have a 'del wks' but this is subject to the garbage collection.
This problem can spell the end of modularity and interactive use for me.

--Jim