CellFill - Irregular data and Coastlines.

From: David Cameron <dcam_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 17:59:46 +0100

Hi,

I've been reading about a new Fill method in ncl-talk
called CellFill do you know whether it has been
implimented yet and whether it can be used
within PyNGL.

The data I'm plotting is from an ocean model with
irregular depths levels eg.

depth=[5000.0,3576.0,2520.0,1738.0,1158.0,728.8,410.6,174.8,0.0]

I can contour this fine but my Y/depth axis is irregular rather than
linear. Is there any way to plot this data within PyNGL with
a linear depth axis. There is something called gsnYAxisIrregular2Linear

available under GSUN but I can't find an equilvalent for PyNGL.

Also the model I use is very low resolution 36x36 lat/lon. Thus the
predefined coastines don't match well with my data. Is there any
way to introduce a user-defined coastline map into PyNGL.

Many thanks for any help you can offer.

David

Dr David Cameron
Centre for Ecology and Hydrology - Edinburgh
Bush Estate
Penicuik, Midlothian
EH26 0QB, UK
Tel: +44/0 131 445-8551 Fax: -3943