Re: Cairo error during install on Mac 10.8, NCL 6.1

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Jan 08 2013 - 12:14:47 MST

Hi Dave,

Unfortunately, you can't link PyNGL 1.4.1 against NCL 6.1, because 6.1 involves a major overhaul of the graphics, and hence a change to some internal names. The two software versions are not compatible. I'll add something to the build page about this.

You will need to use NCL V6.0.0, or, I can give you a PyNGL 1.5.0 (alpha) that compiles against NCL V6.1.0. There's a weird X11 bug I'm still tracking down for PyNGL 1.5.0, which causes you to have to <ctrl-c> out of the last X11 window, because it doesn't close gracefully.

--Mary