Re: PyNGL install

From: Hiroyuki Kurokawa <kurokawa_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Sep 19 2011 - 06:32:33 MDT

Thank you for many suggestions and informations.
And I'm sorry to late for reply.
Maybe I successfully install PyNGL thanks for your advices.

>>> On my Mac, this reports:
>>>
>>> /usr/bin/python: Mach-O universal binary with 3 architectures
>>> /usr/bin/python (for architecture x86_64): Mach-O 64-bit executable x86_64
>>> /usr/bin/python (for architecture i386): Mach-O executable i386
>>> /usr/bin/python (for architecture ppc7400): Mach-O executable ppc
On my Mac,
The out put against "which python" is only about the direcotry in where python is. like,
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin/python
(Maybe because I installed by using binary file?)
I installed python with "Python 2.7.2 Mac OS X 64-bit/32-bit x86-64/i386 Installer" on python website (http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.7.2/).
I'm not sure but it might be dual version as you said.

>> I would like to add something to Mary's detailed instructions below. If you get the same output from file `which python` as that in Mary's email, then you can most likely solve your problems encountered when using the 32 bit PyNGL libraries by trying to execute python as follows:
>>
>> arch -arch i386 python
>>
>> This will override the OS's default executable selection hierarchy (which is 64 bit, 32 bit and then ppc) and select the 32 bit executable in the universal binary. Then, I am hopeful that you should be able to import the Nio and Ngl libraries without any problems. If this works, then you don't have to recompile the libraries for 64 bit.
I tried this command and tested "import Ngl".
It does not show any error.
So my python would be the universal 32&64 bit version.

Thanks again.
Hiro