Re: labelbar strings

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Aug 30 2011 - 08:07:40 MDT

Hi Andrew,

With labels that potentially have numbers, like tickmark labels and labelbar labels, there's usually a corresponding "yyXXXFormat" resource that allows you to format the numeric values different ways.

It's not very obvious what this resource is for labelbar labels, since it's tied in with the contour plot. The resource is "cnLineLabelFormat" and you can set it as follows:

res.cnLineLabelFormat = "0@;*.2f"

You can see the "format.py" example for various ways that you can use the Format resources:

http://www.pyngl.ucar.edu/Examples/gallery.shtml

--Mary