Re: installing PyNGL from source

From: Matthew Fearon <Matthew.Fearon_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Feb 04 2011 - 11:15:48 MST

Hi Mary: Thanks for your e-mail.

In regard to trying the binaries: I tried the using the following-

PyNGL-1.3.0b4.macosx-10.3-i386.tar
PyNGL-1.3.0b1.macosx-10.3-i386.tar
But both gave me the following error on import into my python script:

sys.path.append("/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/PyNGL")
import Ngl

ImportError: dlopen(/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/PyNGL/_hlu.so, 2): Library not loaded: /usr/local/gfortran/lib/libgfortran.3.dylib
  Referenced from: /usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/PyNGL/_hlu.so

I have gfortran installed (version 4.2.3), but libgfortran is libgfortran.2.0.0.dylib. I wasn't sure what version of gfortran I needed to get libgfortran.3.dylib.

Before I mention my other issues in regard to building from source, maybe the above is an easier fix to start with? I am using Mac OS X 10.5 with Python 2.6.6. I have PyNIO binaries (PyNIO-1.4.0.macos-10.5-i386-py265-numpy141-nodap.tar) installed and working nicely.

Any thoughts? thanks for your help,
Matt