wmbarbmap and clipping

From: Mike Bettenhausen <bettenhausen_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Dec 21 2010 - 11:00:21 MST

I am using wmbarbmap to plot surface wind data on maps. It works well
except that the wind barbs are not clipped at the edges of the plot.
For example, the plot obtained with the following change to the
wmbarbmap.py example displays barbs below the bottom axis of the plot.

$ diff PyNGL-1.3.1/examples/wmbarbmap.py wmbarbmap.py
91c91
< Ngl.wmbarbmap(wks, lat, lon, u, v) # Plot barbs.

---
 > Ngl.wmbarbmap(wks, lat - 10, lon,  u, v)  # Plot barbs.
I'd appreciate any suggestions for a method to clip the barbs at the
edges of the plot.