probably a bug: gdal, nio, seg fault

From: Mikhail Itkin <itkin.m_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Aug 05 2010 - 09:14:29 MDT

  Hi,

Just figured out that Gdal and Nio libraries invoked in the same script
in the "right" order will cause a segmentation fault.

On our servers we have Nio 1.3.0b1 installed along with Gdal 1.6.1 and
1.6.2.

  * If in Python script Nio is imported *after* Gdal it will cause a
segmentation fault on opening a netcdf file.
  * If Nio is imported *prior* to importing gdal, then problem does not
appear.

The problem does not happen on my laptop where Nio 1.3.0 beta5 is installed.
All software is for 64 bits.

Cheers,
Mikhail