Re: Ngl.open_wks

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed May 05 2010 - 12:25:46 MDT

I wanted to respond back to the list on this.

In PyNGL V1.3.0b1 and earlier, what was happening with the PNG file naming was that the first file was always named without a frame number, and any subsequent frames had a frame number added:

   test.png
   test.002.png
   test.003.png
   etc.

[I don't know the exact format of the frame numbering.]

With the new PNG driver, we decided we didn't like the files being named this way, as it was inconsistent and could make it hard to process these files later.

We decided to go with:

    test.000001.png
    test.000002.png
    test.000003.png

to make it more consistent.

Rick thinks it might be fairly easy to "fix" this, so that the first frame will be renamed to "test.png" if there are no other frames after the user's program ends.

Meanwhile, as a work-around, I believe you can use the "os.system" command to move the "test.000001.png" file to "test.png", after Ngl.end() is called.

--Mary