Re: problem with PyNIO dimension sizes

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 15:25:39 -0700

Hi Zach,

This looks like a bug, but I'm not certain.

I took your code snippet, and made it into code I could
actually run, and I got the same results as you:

import numpy, os, Nio

ncols = 1024
nrows = 1024
nt = 41

prcp = numpy.zeros([nt,nrows,ncols], dtype='float32')

filename = "test.nc"

for t in range(nt):
   if os.path.exists(filename): os.remove(filename)
   ncfile = Nio.open_file(filename, 'c')
   ncfile.create_dimension('x',ncols)
   ncfile.create_dimension('y',nrows)
   ncfile.create_dimension('levels',1)
   ncfile.create_dimension('record',1)
   d4 = ('record','levels','y','x')
   prcp_NC = ncfile.create_variable('prcp','f',d4)
   print prcp_NC.shape
   print prcp.shape
   print prcp_NC[0,0,:,:].shape
   print prcp[t,:,:].shape
   prcp_NC[0,0,:,:] = prcp[t,:,:]

Hopefully Dave can take a look at this and see a
work-around. I tried a few things with no luck.

--Mary