Re: how to make a multi-panel bar plot?

From: Gary Bates <gary.bates_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 12:20:05 -0700

Mary,
Hmmm... I'm still not clear on how to append the polyline and polygon
into 'plot'. The code below gives me a 3 panel plot, but each panel
only contains the last bar:

  plot = []
  npanels=3
  for n in range(npanels):

  # Loop through each Y point, and create and draw a bar for it.
    for i in xrange(len(y)):
      xbar,ybar = get_bar(x[i],y[i],dx,ymin)
      print xbar
      print ybar
      plot1=Ngl.xy(wks,xbar,ybar,res)

      gsres.gsFillColor = colors[5] # Set color for bar.
      dum1=Ngl.add_polygon(wks,plot1,xbar,ybar,gsres) # Fill the bar.
      dum2=Ngl.add_polyline(wks,plot1,xbar,ybar) # Outline the bar.

    plot.append(plot1)

-Gary