native mercator projection still having problems.

From: Ertl, John C CIV 63134 <john.ertl_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 15:34:07 -0700

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveat (s): FOUO

Seth,

Thanks for the help...The mercator projection looks to still have big problems but I was able to make a good step forward on the Lambert Conformal.

I think it is plotting the data correctly but the map is very wrong. It looks to be showing the entire northern hemisphere map (in a Lambert conformal plot) but the data is only for a portion of the east pacific. What are you using for plotting the map on top of the data?

Thanks for you help.

John Ertl
Meteorologist

FNMOC