RE: [pyngl-talk] PyNIO cache settings

From: Larsen, Jesper <jlar_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 21:55:29 +0200

Hi Dave,

>Currently the GRIB cache size is set separately for GRIB 1 and GRIB 2
>files as a define
>in
>NclGRIB.c and NclGRIB2.c. In both cases you would need to look for
>this line:
>
># define NCL_GRIB_CACHE_SIZE 150
>
>Note that these files are found for now in the NCL source directory.
>I am planning to
>move things around such that this file would instead be part of an
>NIO library directory.
>But for now if you have the NCL sources it would be located in
>$NCARG/ni/src/ncl

Thanks for the information. That was exactly what I was looking for.

>After you change it you would need to recompile NCL and reinstall it
>prior to rebuilding PyNIO.
>
>Perhaps we can make this into a settable option.

That would be great since it seems like a time consuming task to install/compile all the dependencies for NCL and PyNIO (especially in my production environment where I would have to install most of it from source due to lack of root access).

Regards,
Jesper