NioVariable

From: Jesper Larsen <jlar_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 16:06:04 +0100

Hi PyNGL users and developers,

I am making an application in which I have made a Variable object which
contains a list of (well, one or two) NioVariable objects. I would like
to be able to access the NioVariable data directly in my own object.
That is, I want to be able to do something like:

a = MyVariable[i,j,k]
MyVariable[i,j,k] = b

instead of:

for var in MyVariable.niovars:j
  a = var[i,j,k]
  var[i,j,k] = b

Would it be fine to implement this as described here:

http://docs.python.org/ref/sequence-types.html

or would that result in any problems? Would it impact how data is stored
(memory, disk)?

Regards,
Jesper