Re: plotting climate divisions

From: Wendi Madsen <Wendi.B.Madsen_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 07:28:05 -0600

Hi Mary

That helps, but how do I plot data to each of the divisions. I have
data that looks like this:
 1 1 8.110001
 1 2 7.546665
 1 3 7.916664
 1 4 7.1066665
 1 5 6.209999
 1 6 6.8200073
 1 7 6.6500015
 1 8 5.813339
 2 1 -0.49666976
 2 2 2.4066658
 2 3 1.3466682

where the first column is the state number, 1 = Alabama, and 2 =
Arizona. The second column is the division number and the third column
is the temperature anomoly. Is there some way to use this data or do I
need the lat and lon for each division in order to plot it?? The
polyg_2 script uses the lat and lon for the x and y in the call to
gsn_polygon which I assume does the data plotting.

Thanks for your help.

Wendi