Re: plotting climate divisions

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 15:39:59 -0600 (MDT)

Hi Wendi,

We have climate divisions built into NCL and PyNGL. The polyg_2.ncl
example you are looking at was written before this feature was added
(I will update the example to reflect this).

Anyway, I added a new example in the NCL "maps onlys" applications
page to show how to draw the built-in climate divisions:

   http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/maponly.shtml#ex15

To get these divisions in a PyNGL plot, I think all you need are
the following resources:

res.mpDataSetName = "Earth..3"
res.mpDataBaseVersion = "Ncarg4_1"
res.mpOutlineBoundarySets = "AllBoundaries"

Let me know if you need something more than this.

--Mary