NIo - 1.2 : hdfeos/hdf extensions

From: James Boyle <boyle5_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 13:45:17 -0700

I have been looking at cloudsat data using pyNIO 1.2 - the data come
from the cloudsat data center (http://
www.cloudsat.cira.colostate.edu/) with the file extension .hdf
It appears that to be recognized as hdfEOS swath data, the file
extension must be changed from .hdf to .hdfeos. This is no big deal,
but in the interests of fewer steps ( and screwups) is there any way
to specify the file format within Nio leaving the extension the same?

Congratulations to the developers - so far reading the swath data
seems to be fine - this capability is a godsend for my work.

--Jim