problem with convert of Pyngl .ps files

From: Ertl, John C CIV 63134 <john.ertl_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 14:05:52 -0700

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveat(s): None

All,

I know this is not really a Pyngl problem but I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same problem I am with ps2png/convert.

I have a web page that makes images from a database and using PyNGL the .ps images are made fast but can not be directly displayed so I use "convert" to make them into PNG images and this works great except it is routinely taking a very long time to run. I am converting an image about every 1.5 to 2 seconds.

for example the time to convert the images (after the first 2 or 3) tends to go one long one short.
image time (seconds)
1 1.5
2 1.39
3 15.1
4 1.5
5 30.5
6 1.6
7 30.85
8 1.58
9 35.2

It is not the actual image because I get the same basic results if I convert the same image 9 times. It is also not consistent in being the 3rd image that is the first one to be slow. I goggled to see if this came up but no luck.

I am using :
          cmd = "convert -quality 100 -rotate %s %s.ps ../dynamic/%s.png" % (rotate,fileName,fileName)
          os.system(cmd)

Any ideas??? Thanks.

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveat(s): None