Re: ColorMap file question

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 17:14:51 -0600

Hi Jim,

This new colormap *should* be recognized by PyNGL automatically if
you put it in the directory $PYNGLPATH/lib/python2.4/site-packages/
PyNGL/ncarg/colormaps. In fact, you can try a simple test in which
you copy "amwg.rgb" in that directory to "amwg2.rgb" (in the same
directory), and then use "amwg2" in the "wkColorMap" resource
setting, and it should work.

I just tried this test and it worked for both numpy and Numeric.

The directory you listed below, "PyNGL-1.1.0/PyNGL/..." is the
directory from which you install PyNGL from. When you actually run
PyNGL/Python scripts, the software looks in the installed directories
(the one with "site-packages" in its path), and not in this local
directory.

--Mary