Re: Bit masks in PyNIO NetCDF?

From: David Ian Brown <dbrown_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 15:37:02 -0700

Jeff and Jesper,

We do have built in support for NetCDF 4 (classic mode only so far) in
PyNIO when it is built with the
NetCDF 4 library. There is an option that supports the various
compression levels. There has
been no announcement of this because we have been waiting for the final
release of NetCDF 4.
However, if anyone has a use for this feature and would like to test it
out, we would be happy to
supply a version built with NetCDF 4. I too have found that GRIB files
converted to compressed
NetCDF 4 files often become smaller.

Jesper: I have fixed the memory leak that you discovered in PyNIO.
Thanks for pointing it out.
  -dave