Re: PyNIO memory behaviour

From: David Ian Brown <dbrown_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 11:52:35 -0600

Hi Jesper,

The GRIB reader does cache the data of the most recently accessed
150 records for each file that is open. This data is freed when the
file is closed.
It is possible that we could make the number of records cached
(or the
total size of the cache in bytes) a user-configurable option if this
behavior is
demonstrably undesirable in situations such as yours.
  -dave