Bounding boxes in EPS file

From: Andy Aschwanden <andy_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 09:27:53 +0100

Hi

I've recently converted some of my NCL files to PyNGL and encountered the
following:

Using NCL to produce an EPS file, bounding boxes are set tightly around the
plot and there is no unnecessary white space around the plot. If I open the
file with "gv", paper format is set to BBox automatically (stor_vel_ncl.eps)
and everything is fine.

Doing the same with PyNGL, it seems to me that bounding boxes are not set
tightly around the plot or are not set at all. Opening that EPS with "gv",
paper format is set to A4 and it's not possible to change it to BBox
(stor_vel_pyngl.eps).

**
You can download the example plots and scripts here:
ftp://cui.ethz.ch/pub_read/aschwan/stor_eps.tar.gz
**

I'm using PyNGL 1.1.0.

However, I can use the unix command eps2eps on the PyNGL eps file and then,
bounding boxes are set and the plot looks the same as from NCL.

Unfortunately, I can neither open the NCL nor the PyNGL eps file in
Illustrator CS2 (Mac):

"the operation cannot complete because of an unknown error"

I wonder if this has something to do with the fact that I have triangulated
data and thus use the resources

res.sfXArray = lon
res.sfYArray = lat
res.sfElementNodes = ele