Areal averaged sounding

From: <jimmyc_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 17:49:16 -0600 (CST)

All-
I am using WRF model data which has variables:
T[time,level,x,y]

If I want to take an areal average over a time interval, how might I do
that?

I tried to use Numeric.average:
t = t[:,0:34,:,:]
! this statement averages over time
repeating the above:
t =t[0:34,:,:]
#averages over vertical level!

But I do not want it to do that.
Is there any other way to compute an areal average leaving the vertical
levels alone?

--
James Correia Jr.
Ph.D. Candidate in Agricultural Meteorology