Re: ECMWF GRIB parameter tables in PyNIO

From: Jesper Larsen <jl_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 10:08:03 +0100

Thanks David and Dennis

As a newcomer to PyNCL and PyNIO I really appreciate that you have taken the
time to answer my question.

> It is also possible to create a text version of your own parameter
> table and have PyNIO
> read it if you set the environment variable NCL_GRIB_PTABLE_PATH to the
> location of
> the table. See the information under the heading "User-defined GRIB
> parameter tables"

The grib files I am working with use a standard grib table from ECMWF but with
a modified center number (Danish Meteorological Institute). I have now set
the NCL_GRIB_PTABLE_PATH to point to a version of this table with our center
number instead of the ECMWF. It works fine.

Kind regards,
Jesper