initialization bus error

From: James Boyle <boyle5_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 10:14:23 -0700

very, very often as I am attempting to plot during a python session
(using ipython) I get the error below.
I think it happens when I get an error using an pyngl routine and ngl
fails to clean up after itself.
the bus error kicks me out of my session and I have to start over again
- this is quite tiresome.

Am I doing something dumb - to my way to thinking I should never get a
bus error - if I do something stupid the code should have a more
graceful way to die. I do realize that when things like ngl are wrapped
the error occurs where it cannot be trapped by python.

Any words of wisdom?

--Jim

In [178]: plotNgl(title,lons,lats,uERA,vERA,psl,1000.,1.,10.,title)
info:The HLU library can only be initialized once!
fatal:["Error.c":408]:ErrorInitialize:Only one instance of ErrorClass
is supported
fatal:Unable to initialize layer-Can't Create
fatal:Error Creating ErrorClass object
fatal:Unable to initialize layer-Can't Create
fatal:Unable to initialize layer-Can't Create
Bus error