Re: Reading GRIB ECMWF spherical harmonic data

From: David Ian Brown <dbrown_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 13:28:09 -0600

Hi Jim,
PyNIO does not modify the spherical harmonic data, change its type or
anything like that. We believe it unpacks
the data properly and separates the real and imaginary components into
individual slices that are presented
as another data dimension to the right of the grid dimensions.
If you think your data on the T511 grid is being unpacked improperly,
can you send us an example data file
for us to test?

Upload instructions:
ftp ftp.cgd.ucar.edu
Name: anonymous
Password: <your email address>
cd incoming
bin
put <file>

Let us know when the file has been uploaded and its name.
We can get the file only if we know the name.

Thanks.
  -dave