Re: grib files

From: Fred Clare <fred_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 15:06:15 -0600

On Jul 7, 2006, at 8:15 AM, Wendi Madsen wrote:

> Good Morning
>
> I am trying to read a NCEP GRIB file with NIO. The file has
> several forecasts, but when I open it with Nio.open_file() all that
> I can see appears to be the first grid set (65 time, 73 lat and 144
> lng). Is there any way to get down to the other grids in the file,
> or do they need to be separated out by something like wgrib before
> using NIO to read the file??

Hi Wendi,

Dennis Shea provided me with a sample GRIB file that I read in using NIO
that contains a variable with dimensions (40, 2, 60, 160, 320) and it
seemed
to work fine. I would say that the problem has been fixed in PyNIO.
Dave
Brown would know about this for sure and he will be back on Monday.
If you
want to make your file available, I could test it directly. We are
hoping to get
the latest version of PyNGL out next week.

Cheers,

Fred Clare