New PyNGL/PyNIO version coming up

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 11:25:41 -0600 (MDT)

Hi all,

This is a heads up that we are planning to release version 1.0.0 of
PyNGL and PyNIO in the next couple of weeks. We'd like to ask for
some testers first. We plan to have both Numpy and Numeric versions
available.

If you want to see what's in this version, go to:

    http://www.tpyngl.ucar.edu/future_release.shtml

If you want to be a tester, send me a personal email, and let me know
what kind of system you have (see list below) and whether you want a
Numeric version, Numpy version, or both.

Here are the versions I can generate for testing:

     - Mac (Tiger, Panther) and Intel Mac
     - 32 bit Linux system
     - 64 bit (x86_64) Linux system
     - 64 bit IRIX
     - 64 bit AIX (Numeric only)
     - Solaris 9

I can get you Numeric versions right away, but we have to tweak a
couple of things to get a Numpy version, so this could be a few days.

Cheers,