Re: Problems with Mac install?

From: Jeff Whitaker <jswhit_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 12:03:25 -0700

Mary Haley wrote:

> Hi Lou,
>
> I'm afraid there may be incompatibility issues from using PyNGL that
> was built under 10.3 on a 10.4 system. I had brief access to a Tiger
> system a couple of days ago, and only some of the pynglex examples
> worked.
>
> I tried to build a new version of PyNGL on that system, but then ran
> into a compatibility issue between the version of gcc I was running on
> that system, and the version of g77 that I got from fink. (It was
> something about not being able to find the file
> "/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.0/libgcc.a"; maybe Jeff
> Whitaker can espouse on this problem.)

Mary: This only happens if you have the latest Xcode (2.2) installed -
and it can be fixed by running
"fink selfupdate" and then "fink update g77". I don't think Lou's
problem is related to this however - but all the pyngl examples seem to
work fine for me on tiger with fink's python.

-Jeff

--
Jeffrey S. Whitaker         Phone  : (303)497-6313
Meteorologist               FAX    : (303)497-6449