Re: Great circle lat/lon and more

From: Fred Clare <fred_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 16:18:46 -0700 (MST)

> I was wondering if the gc_latlon code is working in PyNGL? I tried several
> things but no luck. I have two points and I would like to get intervening
> points along the great circle route that connects them.
> http://ngwww.ucar.edu/ngdoc/ng/ref/ncl/functions/gc_latlon.html

   It is not in there now, but, after seeing your mail, I implemented
   it for future release.

> I am also wondering the status of the Sounding code being converted to
> PyNGL.
> http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/csm/support/CSM_Graphics/skewt.shtml#ex2

   I just finished implementing this today - it was not quite so easy.

   I need to get with Mary Haley to discuss some of the details on
   how we want to install these in the official release. Mary is
   out of town until next week, so look for something from us sometime
   next week.

   Fred