axis control resources

From: R. T. Pierrehumbert <rtp1_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 16:10:05 -0600

I know how to set up a logarithmic axis, but there are a few other
common axis options I haven't been able to figure out how to do:

(1) How do I specify an axis to be "reversed", i.e. with the
higher values at the beginning of the axis? This is the sort
of thing one commonly does when plotting a sounding as a function
of pressure.

(2) In the above example, to plot T as a function of p but have the
pressure come out on the vertical axis, I know I can do:
                    Ngl.xy(w,T,p)
but is there also a resource that can be specified saying that the
two axes should be switched? e.g. something like
Ngl.xy(w,p,T,r), where we have something like r.switchAxes = 1.
This isn't a big deal, but in some cases my code would be cleaner
if I could control the appearance of the graph by setting the resource,
instead of changing the call to Ngl.xy

--Ray