Re: can't make a png

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 16:41:57 -0600 (MDT)

> I am trying to make a png image of my plot and when I replace x11 with png I
> get the following error:
>
> warning:spread_colors: Invalid workstation type, must be 'x11', 'ncgm',
> 'ps', 'png', or 'pdf'
>
> fatal:_NhlCreate:Invalid Parent id #-1230993172
> fatal:NhlGetValues:PID #-1230993172 is invalid
> fatal:NhlGetValues:PID #-4 is invalid
> Segmentation fault
>
> I can make ps files. I tried to download ncgm2png.py from FAQ #34 but the
> file does not exist or is unavailable (the gif .csh is there). Do I need
> the converter or is there a different method to make png images? I have
> ImageMagick and the NCAR libs on my system but they may not be in a standard
> place. Could this be a path or install issue?
>
> Thanks,

John,

We had some problems with our PNG driver, and I think it was
temporarily removed from PyNGL, but it might not have been completely
removed. I'll take a look and try to see what's going on here. The
PNG driver may be stable enough to work in the cases that you need it
for, so I'll see if we can reinstate it.

I will also try to find out what happened to "ncgm2png.py".

--Mary