Re: [pyngl-talk] map lat/lon labels

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 16:41:04 -0600 (MDT)

> As far as I can tell none of the examples with maps have any lat/lon
> labels.
>
> I am having some trouble getting the right resources to get them on.
>
> --Jim

Jim,

Only the rectangular type map projections have the capabilities to
have map tickmarks. Did you try:

    res_at_mpTickMarkDisplayMode = "Always"

Note that this is a resource setting that I am considering making the
default for PyNGL, so that you always get map tickmarks. I'm going to
send an email out later describing some plot options that I'd like to
make the default, and then ask for discussion.