[pyngl-talk] contouring of irregular grids

From: James Boyle <boyle5_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 15:15:46 -0700

As far as I can tell, the ngl_contour, ngl_contour_map examples only
plot data that are equally spaced.
Thus gaussian grids and most pressure grids must be interpolated to a
regular grid before they can be plotted.
Since I work with CAM3 and ERA40 model and and model level data, the
aforementioned irregular grids constitute virtually all my data.

If it is true that only regular spaced grids can be plotted, then there
is a need for some interpolation functions.
Are any forthcoming?
Or some examples as to how to plot irregular grids.
The natgrid example is a bit of overkill for gaussian grids.
Is the ngmath stuff all wrapped?

Thanks for any enlightenment.

--Jim